We buy, sell and exchange used and second-hand books. A huge selection awaits you, including crime novels, literary and genre fiction and Irish interest. We also specialise in tracking down and ordering in out of print, specialist and rare books.
A Note on Selling Your Second-Hand Books:
We are looking for
- Recently published literary fiction
- Genre fiction (crime/thrillers, fantasy, sci-fi, historical, etc.) published after 2014
- Recently published Young Adult novels
- Travel writing (travel guides must be the current edition in print)
- History books
- Recently published non-fiction, current affairs, science and nature
- Local interest books and Irish history
- Art books
- Cookery books by well-known authors (e.g. Ottolenghi, Nigella, Rachel Allen)
- Graphic novels – Marvel, DC, Image, Manga
We are not looking for:
- Children’s books
- Any hardcover or large-format paperback fiction from before 2016
- Business or economics books
These general guidelines are to give you an idea of what we are looking for, however, depending on what we have in stock at the time, quantities of titles, popularity and condition of the books, there may be exceptions.
Our price is based on the books secondhand retail value, which takes into account an item’s desirability, it’s price new and our current stock levels.
Trading in your books is easy!
- Get your books ready – Use the guidelines above to pick the books you’re going to trade in. If you aren’t sure, you can always give us a call on 0214279535 to check what we’re taking at the time. Remember, condition is important so we won’t accept any damaged or torn books.
- Bring your books into our second-hand bookshop at 21 Lavitt’s Quay. If you only have a few books or a couple of bags/boxes, you can bring them in whenever you like. If you have a large quantity of books (5 boxes +), please ring ahead to find out when is the best time to bring them in.
- We’ll go through your books and pick out the ones we can take. The titles we can’t take in will need to be brought away again. We do not allow drop-offs i.e. you must stay with your books as they are being appraised.
- We’ll let you know what your books come to in cash or store credit. Store credit has no expiry date and can be used in all three of our shops – new books, second-hand books and the craft shop on Bridge Street.